We regard the safeguarding of children as our main priority. We believe that we all have the right to be happy, to be safe and to learn. We all have the responsibility to make this happen.
At Mossy Lea, I promise you that:
- The welfare of the child remains paramount.
- All children - whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity - have the right to be protected from harm.
- All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- All staff and volunteers working at our school have a responsibility to report concerns to the Designated Lead for Safeguarding.
All staff and Governors should have an awareness of our guidelines for Children Missing in Education.
While a CME policy isn't in the DfE's list of statutory policies and documents, the statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education expects stake holders at Mossy Lea to:
- Have appropriate safeguarding measures in place when responding to children who go missing from education
- Be aware that CME can be a vital warning sign of a range of safeguarding possibilities
- Know our unauthorised absence and CME procedures